Dentists, would you love to live where the great outdoors abounds?
Would you love to raise a family in a safe environment?
Would you love to work in a thriving practice where you are respected?
Would you love working with people who are the salt of the Earth?
Would you love to live where social distancing happened organically?
This may be the opportunity you may only have dreamt of.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who truly cares for people. Primarily we need someone who can compliment our already amazing team and perform general dentistry. We offer great income potential and an excellent working environment.
Please review the following videos to learn more about us: https://johnfornettidentalcenter.com/careers/
Learn more about the beauty and recreation of the Upper Peninsula here: https://www.uptravel.com/
We sincerely are a community of doers and dreamers; students and leaders; farmers and doctors; artists and engineers looking ahead to a virtual open sky of opportunities. Come live, raise your family and work not to survive but to thrive in the great Upper Peninsula of Michigan!
Under indirect supervision or independently, diagnoses and treats problems with patient teeth and tissues of the mouth along with providing patient guidance to prevent future oral problems. Designs treatment options for patients with other support personnel and serves as expert in preparing dental plans. This position must provide patient and practice support services; including, but not limited to, personal assistance, medical attention, and emotional support.
- Examine patient mouths for diagnosis of oral health, training, and treatment needs;
- Provide treatment in accordance with standards of care, to include but not limited to:
- Visual exams
- X-ray reviews
- Removing tooth decay
- Filling cavities
- Applying sealants
- Administering anesthetics
- Repair of fractured teeth
- Tooth extractions
- Corrective surgery to patient gums and bones for gum diseases
- Replace teeth
- Write prescriptions for antibiotics and pain, as necessary
- General oral care
- Refers to specialists, as needed
- Manage asepsis, infection, using and maintaining hazard control protocols as established by OSHA and office standards.
- Must always represent the practice in a professional, pleasant, and cooperative manner.
- Must make post-op calls.
- Must maintain regular, consistent and punctual attendance in accordance with assigned schedule and time off policies
- Must be able to comfortably and efficiently handle multiple deadlines and task assignments.
- Must be able to work both independently and cooperatively in team settings.
- Occasionally there may be some travel, by car or plane, required in order for you to participate in continuing education or seminars
- Must keep current malpractice insurance
- Other duties and tasks, as assigned periodically
- Always maintain the highest level of confidentiality to HIPAA standards.
- Adhere to strict safety guidelines and procedures to OSHA and office standards.
- Must be comfortable seeing and able to maintain a professional demeanor and attitude while working around blood and smells that may be unpleasant.
- Must be detail oriented in order to work efficiently in small spaces and maintain patient comfort and satisfaction.
- Must meet all assigned production goals without sacrificing patient comfort or satisfaction.
- You must be flexible and understand that your job duties may change from time to time and that you may be asked to “help out” in other areas of the office or lab.
- Must excel in forward thinking in order to anticipate the needs of patients, as well as, guiding assistants during exams and treatments.
- Must demonstrate active listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Must demonstrate good reading comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills – Talking to others to convey information effectively, provide patient education, and respond to patient questions simply and effectively.
- Equipment Maintenance – Performing routine maintenance on dental equipment to maintain and adjust, as necessary.
Required licenses or certifications:
- Current State Licensure
- Bachelor’s of Science
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DDM.)