Front Office Receptionist
**RECEIVE A $250 BONUS** after being employed for 6 months!
To project the positive, friendly atmosphere of our practice by welcoming all visitors in a cheerful and professional manner. Answer inquiries and obtain information for general public, guests, visitors, and other interested parties. Provide information to callers; perform routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments and organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files.
– Assist front desk coordinator when needed.
– Check patient records and provide guests with appropriate and necessary forms upon arrival (ie Medical History, HIPAA consent).
– Monitor reception area for neatness and cleanliness; replace magazines into their racks or arrange onto tables, reposition chars, dispose of trash, etc.
– Monitor schedule and patients who are waiting in reception area; notify appropriate staff of guest arrival and when there has been a delay in guest seating for an appointment.
– Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
– Memorize and use scripts effectively.
– Maintain phone certification and take a turn with the after-hours phone.
– 3rd on front office tour, gift and go over new guest paperwork.
– Assist with baking muffins when greeters are busy.
– 3rd on financial arrangements.
– 4th on the telephone.
– Collect and chart emails and HIPPA forms and scan new guest paperwork in chart.
– Keep freezer and fridge stocked with muffin mix.
– Double check doctor providers for next day and double check assistant scans.
– Take payments from guests as needed.
– Must always represent the practice in a professional, pleasant, and cooperative manner.
– Must maintain regular, consistent and punctual attendance in accordance with assigned schedule and time off policies.
– Must be able to comfortably and efficiently handle multiple deadlines and task assignments.
– Must be able to work both independently and cooperatively in team settings.
– Occasionally there may be some travel, by car or plane, required in order for you to participate in continuing education or seminars.
– Other duties and tasks, as assigned periodically.
– Always maintain the highest level of confidentiality to HIPAA standards.
– Adhere to strict safety guidelines and procedures to OSHA and office standards.
– Must be comfortable seeing and able to maintain a professional demeanor and attitude while working around blood and smells that may be unpleasant.
– Must be detail oriented in order to prepare, organize, maintain and transmit medical and dental records.
– You must be flexible and understand that your job duties may change from time to time and that you may be asked to “help out” in other areas of the office.
– Must demonstrate active listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
– Must demonstrate good reading comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
– Must demonstrate excellent communication skills – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
– Must demonstrate good written business communication skills – Preparing and transmitting business correspondence.
Job Type: Full-time