**RECEIVE A $250 BONUS** after being employed for 6 months!
Position Summary: Under Direct and Indirect Supervision, Answer inquiries and obtain information for general public, patients, visitors, and other interested parties. Provide information to callers; Perform routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files.
– First on the phone to answer, screen and forward calls, providing information, taking messages and scheduling appointments.
– Greet visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
– Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
– Memorize and use scripts effectively both over the phone and in person.
– File and maintain records.
– Provide information about the Practice, such as location of offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
– Transmit information or documents to patients, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine as needed.
– Must always represent the practice in a professional, pleasant, and cooperative manner.
– Must maintain regular, consistent and punctual attendance in accordance with assigned schedule and time off policies.
– Must be able to comfortably and efficiently handle multiple deadlines and task assignments.
– Maintain phone certification and take a turn with the after-hours phone.
– Print next day’s route slips and schedules.
– Track new guests, past guests and phone calls and do end of month tracking for phone and new guests.
– Must be able to work both independently and cooperatively in team settings.
– Occasionally there may be some travel, by car or plane, required in order for you to participate in continuing education or seminars.
– Other duties and tasks, as assigned periodically.
– Always maintain the highest level of confidentiality to HIPAA standards.
– Adhere to strict safety guidelines and procedures to OSHA and office standards.
– Must be comfortable seeing and able to maintain a professional demeanor and attitude while working around blood and smells that may be unpleasant.
– Must be detail oriented in order to prepare and process business correspondence.
– You must be flexible and understand that your job duties may change from time to time and that you may be asked to “help out” in other areas of the office.
– Must demonstrate active listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
– Must demonstrate good reading comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
– Must demonstrate excellent communication skills – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Experience and Education:
High School Diploma.
Accurate typing at 40 words per minute.
One Year Minimum Office experience.
Preferred Two Years experience.
Job Type: Full-time